Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hey...Long time, no blog!

Hi all....I must apologize for TOTALLY slacking on blogging this week. Don't think for a second it's a reflection on my commitment to Jenny Craig, because I'm still going strong, and LOOKING FORWARD to my next weigh-in tomorrow! Just been a busy week (which amazingly actually HELPS in this weight-loss thing), and I never got around to it!

First things first: My consultant Christine will be SO proud...My "goal" I set with her last Monday was to work out at least 2x that week. Well, I did work out: not once, not twice, but THREE WHOLE TIMES! Granted, if you read my last post you'll know how much I just ABHOR working out, but I did it, and as I sit comfortably on my sofa waiting for my Jenny Craig rising crust deluxe pizza to come out of the oven, in all it's sausage laden, bubbly goodness, I am happy to be able to say I DID IT. Actually, (and I'm a bit of a commitment-phobe here, so I'm almost afraid to say it), this week made me kind of want to make Tues, Wed, Thurs. my "work out days". That way I'm getting it in 3x a week, but I'm not torturing myself with committing to a Monday, and I'm not being unrealistic in expecting myself to work out on Fridays...because...Um....yeah, that's never gonna happen! lol!

I also was trying to cut back on my Diet Pepsi (just saying it gives me the shakes) and really try to increase my water. I've done ok with the water, and I have cut back on the Diet Pepsi, but probably not to where I should. Don't get me wrong: Diet Soda is "free" on JC...meaning I can pretty much have as much as I want. BUT - and this is strictly a personal thing - for health reasons, I should cut down. My best friend is a dietitian and she shared with me that there is a direct correlation between the amount of phosphates you take in (which are in diet soda's) and the amount of calcium your body and bones will absorb. At this point in my life, I really should be concerned with calcium issues, since before JC, I did NOT get NEARLY enough calcium in my diet. My grandmother had the "hump" on her back, and I don't want that "hump". My hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Sorry, had to add that for my "Friday crew", Ric, Cat, and Darwin....) I digress.

Well, the pizza's almost ready, and I'm about ready to settle into my regular Sunday night regime of terrible TV....Oh I love it so....

Have a great week, and I'll be sure to update you on this week's weigh-in results! Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

Till next time,
~L

No comments: