...Ok, ok...I have to come clean. I'm a little disappointed in myself, and I'll be completely honest. I know I said I wanted to make Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday my workout days...but I totally flaked on this Tuesday. Why? No excuse...just plain ol' didn't feel like it. I know that's not good enough. I'm almost ashamed to share this with you. Here I am trying to be the motivating, positive, committed participant, and I flake on one of my two goals for the week. But I vowed the good, bad and the ugly, and that's what you're gettin!
Now, the Jenny Craig people are not going to come to my house and steal my dog. They are not going to scold me and shake a finger in my face. They're not even going to tell me "Shame on you". They're going to say "What can we do to help motivate you?" And that's the difference, and why I love this program. I have my own guilt to deal with...they're not going to give me more! Yes, I'll beat myself up about this for a while, because that's just the type of person I am. But at least I know on Monday when I go for my weekly consultation, Christine is not going to make me go to reconciliation...at the most, I'll have a penance of trying to drink more water....
On the up-side, I DID work out tonight...Did another toning segment from my "The Biggest Loser" dvd...I like that segment, because it doesn't involve jumping all over the room (my apartment is very small, and not exactly conducive to 100 meter sprints anyway...) and trying to keep pace. It's strength training, which makes me FEEL strong, even though I'm not...just yet! Lean muscle burns calories, so at least I feel like I'm accomplishing something...despite my lack of movement yesterday! (Ooooh, there's that guilt again...can you tell I was raised Irish-Catholic? Hehehe that's a little joke...even though its true...)
I am facing a bit of a challenge this weekend, as it is a friend's birthday and I may be at a restaurant for a small get-together dinner. I'll admit, I'm a little nervous, even though I'm fully equipped with everything I need to know about what to order. But what's going to get me is wanting to have a glass of wine or two...I'll tell you now, I WILL have one - maybe two - but I know what I have to do to equal out my calories so I'm still on a losing streak (pound-wise!). Despite being nervous, I'm still pretty confident I can do this!
And ya know what? After 4 weeks of being BY THE BOOK, and losing over 10 pounds, dammit I deserve a lousy glass of wine! :)
I'll keep you posted!
Till next time,
~L
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment