Monday, February 26, 2007

Weigh-In #3....

...and yet ANOTHER 2.7 pounds of me...GONE! This brings my total to 10.6 pounds lost in 3 weeks! This is unbelievable to me...as a matter of fact, I had to do a double-take when I stepped on that scale this afternoon, as surely it was lying to me.

I knew somethin' was up this morning, because I grabbed an old stand-by pair of jeans...you know the ones, that you can kind of fit in, depending on what day of the month it is, but only if you wear a big, baggy sweater over them in order to hide what Oprah has termed "The Mushroom Effect" (that's the plethora of fatty fatness that hangs over the waistline of a pair of jeans that just shouldn't be worn, creating a mushroom-like shape)...but I grabbed these jeans, and just for fun, wanted to see if I could get them on without having to lie on the floor and suck in all the air in the room before attempting to get the button to even MEET it's counterpart hole. And ya know what? They not only buttoned, but they ZIPPED, comfortably! And ya know what else? NO MUSHROOM!!!

So, here I am, a quarter of my way to my goal. In THREE WEEKS. When they said "Laura, in order to get to your goal in a healthy way, you'll probably do this for about 30 weeks," I laughed (to myself, at first), because honestly, I don't know that I've ever stuck to anything for 3 weeks, let alone 30. But this Jenny Craig thing? It makes it EASY. I'm eating better than I did when I lived at home and had Mom cooking three squares for me a day! (Sorry, Mom) Heck, I'm eating even MORE than that, because there's snacks and salads and fruits and well...I just can't believe that eating Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken can result in losing weight. I don't get it! But ya know what? It's working, and that's all I care about!!!

Today was Karen McCaffrey's (my grand prize winner) first weigh-in...I can't WAIT to hear how she did last week! I won't lie (and the posts prove it), the first week was NOT easy. But I suppose nothing worth working this hard at IS ever easy, right? Karen and I share the bond in that we both quit smoking, something everyone knows is one of the hardest things to accomplish. Both of us were HEAVY smokers, for a LONG period of time. If we could beat that, we can lick this fat thing EASY! (mmm...licking fat....somebody say cheeseburger???) So, I'll let you know how she does...I know she's gonna do GREAT!

If you've EVER thought "I'll never lose weight, I'm just going to have to get used to this fat body," you're singin my song, sister. I've said it for years...YEARS. And in three WEEKS, I'm over 10 pounds lighter. It sounds cliche, but if I can do this, anyone can. And anyone includes you. I don't care if it's Jenny Craig or not...do yourself a favor, and make the decision to make YOU better. YOU deserve it! And so do I!!!

TEN POUNDS!!! YEEEEAAAH!!!

Till next time,
~L

1 comment:

Liz said...

Congrats Laura!!! Yay for you!!! Isn't it incredible how easy it is when you dedicate yourself to making this sort of lifestyle change? I honestly thought I was just going to be stuck in this body for the rest of my life until I put my entire mind to changing EVERYTHING about my lifestyle, and now here I am, down 17lbs, and 3 pant sizes... it's an incredible thing, I'm proud of you, and I must say, I check in on your blog every day because it's nice to know someone else is going through the exact same thing as me.