The Ugly:
In my first post (and honestly, I think in my last one too), I noted that I HATE to work out. After tonight, I've found this remains true. Also in my first post, I mentioned that this entire blog journey wasn't always gonna be pretty. This is one of those not-so-pretty entries.
I promised my Jenny Craig consultant, Christine, that I'd make a goal this week to pop in a DVD workout at least 2x this week. So tonight, I decided to use one of the 497 exercise DVD's I've purchased (and not used) over the years...tonight's was the workout from the show "The Biggest Loser". I've done that one before, but figured now that I'm almost 8 pounds lighter, it wouldn't be as tough. "And wrong-o was her name-o..."
If you own this workout, you know that the "low intensity" workout is surely mislabelled...why? Because I was out of breath and sweating after the WARM UP. Then we progress into a series of lunges. Who invented lunges? They should be shot dead. And then shot again.
As I'm lunging, my knees are literally making the same noise you'd hear if you were walking through a 200 year old house constructed entirely of rotten, dry wooden planks. No exaggeration there. None at all.
The Bad:
I hated every moment of this workout tonight, but my motivation? Being able to tell Christine I did it. And honestly, being able to tell anyone I did it. I might not like it, but I'm going to do it. And isn't there some kind of corny bumper sticker or something that says "Winners do things they don't always want to do, but they do them anyway"? Or something like that. Even if there's not, humor me. I'm in pain.
The Good:
At the end of this particular DVD, the cool down is almost yoga-like...it's very calming, soothing, and relaxing (and I get to watch Bob the Trainer show a little bit of his flattened, shaped, gorgeous tummy), with wonderful stationary poses that really feel good. This got me thinking...in the past, I've typically preferred to do cardio workouts that involve dance moves, choreography, and other torturous activities. But maybe, yoga is the answer for me. Yoga certainly does get your heart rate going, and burns a ton of calories too...hmmm...something to think about...
The Good, Part II:
Another motivating factor for getting this workout finished was the fact that I knew my dinner was going to kick some major tasty butt: beef sirloin with white rice and tangy barbecue sauce. Yes, it was Jenny Craig. Yes, on a "diet", I'm eating beef friggin' sirloin. AND WHITE RICE. I cannot tell you how good this thing was. It was something I'd go back to a restaurant for if I found one that served it. Oh, and tonight's desert? Yeah...cheesecake.
Till next time,
~L
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment