Monday, February 19, 2007

Another week, another weigh-in....

Another 2.8 lbs of me...GONE...and I NEVER want them back! This brings my total to 7.9 lbs in 2 weeks (leave it to me to skimp out on that one-tenth of a pound to not make it a cool 8...oh well). NEVER did I dream I'd be almost a pant-size smaller in two weeks (they say 10lbs. is a pant/dress size). Even better, I'm at my 5% weight-loss, which means in 2 weeks, I've just decreased my risk for heart disease (still the #1 killer of women!), certain types of cancers, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. THAT is amazing.

During today's consultation, Christine (my super awesome consultant) and I talked about my goals for this week. I said doing a work-out DVD at least 2x, and upping my water intake. These are 2 things I am notorious for stinking at.

As I said in my very first post, I HATE working out. I mean, I HATE it. I don't get that euphoric, satisfied feeling everyone else seems to rave about...I get angry that I'm sweaty and my hair is all screwed up for the day, and I don't like being out of breath. THAT is something that has to change...not the sweaty hair thing, but the attitude I have about it. I know that the more I exercise, the better my weight loss results will be, and the healthier my body will be! I also realize that I don't have to do full-on boot camp type workouts...even just walking on a treadmill for a half hour would do it. I just have to get myself into the habit of having that be part of my day...Hey, I learned to make vegetables a snack...I can learn to make exercise part of my day!

Water is something else that I know is important, but that I don't always pay much attention to, mainly because I should be in a 12-step program for Diet Pepsi addicts. I love the stuff. I could wake up at 3am and drink 1/2 a bottle, and drift happily off to sleep like an infant who just chugged 5 ounces of warm formula. I laugh at anyone who offers me a Diet Coke, like it's the same thing. I feel like John Belushi in the old SNL's: "No Coke, just Pepsi". My first Diet Pepsi of the day is/was usually around 5am...I'm trying to replace that one with water, and maybe some skim milk, and save the carbonated love for lunchtime. It's working so far...I just have to make sure I keep it up!

Well, my Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy, seasoned potato wedges, and peas and carrots are about to come out of the microwave (GOD I love dinners prepared in 4 minutes every night...and NO DISHES!), so I must bid adieu...

Oh, and I want to wish Karen McCaffrey (my grand prize winner and new weight-loss buddy) all the best, as she starts her Jenny Craig program TOMORROW! I don't need to say "good luck" because there's no luck to it...it's just a commitment to make a healthy and positive change for yourself! So start kickin' some butt, Karen...I'll see ya on the scales! :)

Dinner time!
~L

No comments: