Friday, February 16, 2007

My New Buddy...My Weekend...My TV...

First things first...I have a new weight-loss buddy: Karen McCaffrey! Karen won the contest with B95 to get her own Jenny Craig program, so we'll be doing this together! Like most life-changing things, it's always good to work with someone, as a motivating partner...now Karen has already expressed on the air that she's going to "kick my butt" in this...SO BRING IT ON, LADY! ;)

Now...onto the weekend. As you may know from last Friday's post, I'm a little anxious about the whole weekend thing. Typically, Friday thru Sunday was filled with pizza, macaroni and cheese, chicken wings, burritos...basically, it was a schmorgasborg. Every weekend. Why? "Because it's the weekend". I can eat what I want, "because it's the weekend". And then...it was always followed up with "I'll start my diet on Monday". Now, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that phrase on a Garfield sweatshirt sometime in the late 80's, it's a mantra I adopted to make me feel proactive. Really, it wasn't doing anything but making me fat. Even if it's "because its the weekend", those 2.5 days of gluttony certainly added up. Just ask my hips.

I feel good about this weekend though, because I know I can do it, because I did it last weekend. Good thing is, I just found out that I get one "splurge" a week....meaning I can pretty much "play around" with about 150 calories a week...and (ha ha ha...) what has exactly 150 calories? A (normal person sized) glass of my favorite white wine...now THAT...makes me feel gooooood.... ;)

As I also mentioned before, I'm addicted to Food Network. And I just sat through a grueling thirty minutes of watching Sandra Lee frost a HUGE cake with butter cream frosting (one of my fav's)...and while I salivated like Pavlov's dog, I challenged myself to watch the WHOLE episode, and did NOT give into the temptation of having an extra little snack this evening.

I also ADORE Seinfeld...and tonight's repeat was when George goes to Puddy's car dealership with Jerry and Elaine, and wants to buy a Twix (ALSO one of my fav's) out of the vending machine. George's dreams (and cookie crunch) crumble in front of him as the Twix he purchased gets stuck in the machine, and while he's away trying to get someone to help, one of the mechanics gets the Twix, and eats it. With a vengeance. And just SEEING someone eating the chocolatey goodness REALLY got my mouth watering...but guess what? JENNY TO THE RESCUE (RESCue...REScue...rescue) because tonight's desert is chocolate chip cookies!!! Yeaaaahhh! ;)

If I don't post again, have a great weekend...and STAY TUNED for my next weigh-in results...coming MONDAY! :)

Till next time,
~L

No comments: