Wednesday, February 14, 2007

There's No Business Like Snow Business....

If you're reading this in the Capital District (or pretty much anywhere in New York State), its no shocker that we're all pretty much home bound with a RIDICULOUS amount of snow. I'm originally from Western New York (out towards Buffalo...but even MORE west...and then south...pretty much take I90 West till you hit a Great Lake, then turn left...I digress), so this weather is no stranger to me. But it still angers me. And guess what I like to do when I'm angry (and bored)?

EAT!!!!

Normally, on a day like today, when I got to sneak out of the office a little early and enjoy the warmth and sanctity of my cozy apartment and the Food Network, I'd stop at Price Chopper and pick up a frozen pizza, among other comfort foods, and have myself my own little "snow day party". Oh, lets throw something else into the mix...Valentine's Day!

I was handed approximately 18 pounds of chocolate today (possibly slightly exaggerated)...whether it was left on my desk, stuffed in my mailbox, or just dropped off in the studio when I wasn't looking, candy was everywhere today. I was tempted...nay, I was CRAZED with the desire to just say "SCREW IT". (Sorry, that wasn't very "family friendly"...but I'm guessing 6 year olds aren't reading this.) It was a true test. Combined with the fact that today I was particularly hungry (MALE READERS: Now would be the time to skip to the next paragraph...) especially being that this particular time of the month, I am known to be a bottomless pit.

SO, I went chocolate-less (Yeah, me!) and junk food-less (woo hoo!) on this snowy Valentine's Day...However, I DID have pizza! Just so happened that on my Jenny Craig menu today, there was a personal pizza for lunch...Holy MOLY that was good...

The weekend is rapidly approaching (thank God...), but with that brings more temptation...will I survive another wine-less weekend?

Stay tuned! (I'm REALLY looking forward to another weigh-in next Monday!)

Ta,
~L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew-hew Laura! First of all, psyched for you about the 5.1 pounds--secondly, congrats for getting through Valentine's chocolate (I can't say the same--I had a small celebration - stress of driving the mini-van through the blizzard!) Anyway, good luck...you're going great!