Well I knew it was going to be challenging, but I made it through...relatively well!
I traveled to Western NY to see my family over the long weekend. Friday I had a home-cooked dinner with my mom outside of Rochester (she made chicken and veggies, very healthy!), so I did ok...but then, DISASTER! (Ok, not really "disaster"....just a little dramatic effect...)
I went to my brother's in Rochester where we were going to a party. As soon as we walked in, the scent of creamy, cheesy, artichoke dip filled the air - THIS was gonna be tough! Long story short, it was a very fun party. Yes, I had a few cocktails, and I enjoyed every single sip. I even had a bit of that fat-laden artichoke dip! No guilt...I was just living it up a little! I've worked really, REALLY hard for the past 4 months, and I let loose. Not like I do it all the time, but I do know that I certainly went over my calories for the day. Eh, so be it. I had a lot of fun, and really, truly enjoyed myself!
I did some more traveling Saturday, bringing me to my father's house, where it's pretty typical for me to raid the cupboards, pantry, and fridge for anything that I usually don't keep at my house. Yes, I'm in my early 30s, but it's still a treat for me to rifle through dad's goodies and pig out! HOWEVER, I refrained, because the hauntings (and quite frankly, the hangover) from Friday were still fresh in my mind. I stuck to my Jenny food, and enjoyed a long visit with my best friend.
Sunday was my dad's annual Memorial Day party, complete with a barbecue (burgers, hot dogs, sausages), salads (including macaroni!), drinks, and various other munchies. Committed gal that I am, I noticed there was no veggie tray, so I ran to the market to grab some carrots, celery, broccoli, and cucumbers. I won't lie, I did decide to have the "party food", but I certainly did watch my portions like a hawk! And I enjoyed myself again.
It was great to hear all the compliments of friends and family who hadn't seen me since Thanksgiving...they were all so proud of me and supportive and it made me feel great. Do I feel a little, teeny, tiny bit guilty today after indulging a bit? Sure. Yes I do, because I know I get weighed tomorrow and I may not have lost any weight. I honestly don't feel like I've gained any either, which is terrific. But if I happened to have put on a few more ounces, I'm ok with that too. Hey, I've been saying all along: Jenny Craig realizes that you're still going to have a LIFE, and sometimes that means "going off the plan" for a bit. But the great thing is, I have learned the TOOLS to keep me on TRACK, so I CAN still enjoy what other people are enjoying!
And hey, I can't be THAT bad...even though I was on a mini-vacation, I STILL went for a 2.5 mile run with my best friend! THAT is pretty impressive...to me, anyways! I'm going to attempt a 5K this weekend (Freihoffer's Run for Women), so I'm going to try to switch it up at the gym this week. I'm going to run more than do the elliptical...but the way my legs feel now, from using muscles I don't usually use, that will be yet another challenge to overcome! But I'm up for it!
I hope your weight-loss journey is still going well...and if you "cheated" a little bit this weekend? So what! Tomorrow's another day...you've done SO well this far...it's ok to LIVE A LITTLE!!! :)
Till next time,
~L
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment