Monday, April 9, 2007

Lousy sixth of a pound....

....that's the only thing between me and twenty pounds lost! Don't get me wrong, I'll still take 19.4 lbs any day (like today)...but, again, leave it to me to be just a fraction away from where I really want to be....

However, this is still quite a success...almost 20 pounds in 9 weeks. Really doesn't seem that bad, does it? I've definitely learned that there is no "quick fix", and there is no secret formula of a certain amount of carbs within 20 minutes of a certain amount of proteins or any of that other fad stuff. Calories in vs. calories out. That's it. Now that's math even I can understand!

Since I'm at my half-way point, I get to start trying out some "meals on my own", which admittedly, is scary. It's normal to be a little nervous about going off the Jenny Craig food...I feel like a baby bird about to take her first shot at flying! Of course, Mama Bird (Christine) will be right there to help me on my way...we carefully planned out a day's worth of non-JC food, and it's great to see I STILL won't be deprived. I even got creative and have a grilled cheese sandwich worked in there! Balance, moderation, and sensible choices, and I should be good to go!

The real challenge is tackling this water weight issue that I feel right around the corner. I've been upping my water even more - today I drank a liter and a half between 6am and 1pm! Lets hope it works this time around...last month was very disappointing...but also motivating!

I've got quite the busy week coming up, including cooking a birthday dinner (which I feel quite confident about since I know what choices to make) for a special someone, so I'll try my best to keep the blog up...

Here's to another pound-losing week!
Till next time,
~L

No comments: