Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'm Almost Speechless....(almost)....

...and anyone who knows me knows my being speechless would take either an act of God or something really, really special...and this time around, I'll give credit to the latter.

I had another great week. At Monday's weigh-in, I had dropped another 2.3 pounds, bringing my grand total to 18.6 pounds in 8 weeks. I literally wouldn't believe it unless I saw it right there in front of me on the scale.

I caught up with our grand prize winner, Karen McCaffrey of Delmar...she's doing GREAT too...down 16 pounds! And the thing is, we both said the same things:
1. I can't believe how easy this is, and
2. On any other plan, I would have given up by now.

It's true...once you make the decision to commit to this new lifestyle, active and healthy, eating healthy and making good choices, well it really just all falls into place.

Sure, there are some UNBELIEVABLY tough times that come and go...like on weekends when everyone else is scarfing diner breakfasts (which I LOVE), having a few cocktails (which I certainly don't mind), and laying around completely sedentary (which I'm also a big fan of). Every now and again, I kind of miss that stuff. But then again, I need to remind myself that it's not like I'll never have a combination omelet with a side of bacon again...and I've already proved that enjoying a delicious glass of Pinot Grigio does not spell disaster! Everything in moderation is one thing, but a BIG difference is staying active...something I've NEVER been good at...until now.

Typically, I take Sundays and Mondays "off" from working out, but this Monday, I heard a little voice in the back of my head that said "Ya know....you don't HAVE to take today off..." and I ended up throwing in a challenging DVD workout at home.

Me. Working out when I didn't really "have" to. What is happening to me?? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JENNY CRAIG???

Whatever it is...I like it. Thank you...

Till next time,
~L

No comments: