Sunday, April 1, 2007

Another weekend, another pound or two (hopefully...)

Hi there...not much new to report this evening, but wanted to be good and at least post once this weekend!

I had a good week, workout-wise (not a word...oh well). I went Tuesday thru Friday, as I am trying to normally do, and then even got up early and went on Saturday morning. The great thing is that I'm not KILLING myself at the gym...I go, I change, I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, I change, I leave. That's it! I'm not a big fan of the whole "pumping iron" portion of the gym...I'll leave that to what my gym partner and I have coined "Mimbo's"...

...Mimbos are are the male version of the bimbo: these are the guys that walk around with BULGING muscles (FYI, guys, if you can't put your arms down, that's not real sexy...), sleeveless shirts, shorts that are, shall we say, a little too "revealing", and those terrible bacteria-infested fingerless gloves. These are also the men that grunt insatiably as their "lifting"...guys, if it's so heavy that you sound like a woman in natural childbirth, it's probably too heavy. They also tend to have their cell phones clipped to their weight-belts, just to look a little more important. Their hair is typically over-gelled, and I've even seen one eating a protein bar, WHILE lifting. This just can't be good. Anyways, those are "mimbo's", and they are my source of entertainment for 30 minutes, 5 days a week. Now you know.

I've really been trying to up my water intake too, as I have successfully weened myself out of my Diet Pepsi addiction. Sure, I still have one (or so...) a day, but not the gargantuan size I usually got. Just a regular old 12 ouncer...And I bought a liter-size bottle of water that I keep refilling, so I really know that every day, I'm at least having 2 liters of water.

This weekend was not great food-wise, I have to admit. I never really eat everything I'm supposed to on the weekends, because my schedule is just so completely different. I get to sleep past 4am, which is a plus, and then the day isn't nearly as structured as my weekday routine. Then throw in a bit of emotional turbulence, and things get even more "un-routine" (again, not a word...oh well...). I used to stuff my face like crazy if I was emotional. Now, it's like I have trained myself so well NOT to be an "emotional eater", that while I'm emotional, I forget to eat. But instead, I shop.

This losing weight thing? Yeah...definitely affecting my credit. I bought another pair of pants today, in a new size...and I didn't have the "mushroom effect" (refer to my 2nd or 3rd post for an explanation of that phenomenon). So with new pants, I needed new shoes...and with new shoes, I needed new "unmentionables"...and with new those, I needed new gym clothes....it's a terrible, vicious cycle...and I'm pretty OK with it. Retail Therapy works for me, and as they say, "If it ain't broke..."

So, big weigh-in tomorrow...I'll keep you posted!

Oh, and I got a BARGAIN on a new pair of running shoes....If you'd like to know where, shoot me an email (laura@b95.com). The lawyers would have a fit if I endorsed a sporting goods store...but it was a STEAL, and I have to share bargain info! It's part of the shop-a-holic code of conduct... :)

Till next time,
~L

No comments: