I'm back baby!
After a disappointing week last weigh-in, I was even MORE motivated to stick to the program. Nothing tickles me more than when I step on that scale, look at Christine, and see her eyes light up as she says "WOW...you did such a good joooooooob.....you're down another ____ pounds!" Last week, there was no lit eyes, there was no "WOW", there was just a "Ok...that's not so bad...", followed by my own mental temper tantrum. BUT....
THIS week, redemption! Down another 2.5 pounds, bringing my grand total to 16.3 pounds GONE.
I gave myself a little "retail therapy" and went shopping on Sunday, and actually bought a NEW SIZE...a size I haven't seen in well over three years. And instead of automatically grabbing the "large" size for tops, I went for the "medium", just on a bet with myself..."I'll pile up my basket with mediums, just to give it a shot in the dressing room...if they don't fit, they don't fit, and I go back and grab the large, and I'll be on my way."
But the mediums fit...mostly...Ok, some of them just automatically went back. But I didn't find myself saying the usual "That'll never fit"...instead I said, "Next time..." And that felt great.
So I promised myself a goal...after I get to my half-way point (20 pounds, just 3.7 pounds away), I get to go on a shopping spree. (Sunday was just "therapy", that was no spree...I can do MUCH more damage than I did on Sunday...) And since I'm so close, I treated myself to something else today, just as an extra motivator: a wonderful massage at my favorite day spa. It's really amazing what losing weight can do to my credit card...but it's a warm fuzzy all around...
My goal THIS week is to work out even harder and try to get to that 3.7 pounds. I realize it's not only not HEALTHY for me to lose that much in a week, it's probably not realistic. I'll settle for 2. That will only make me work that much harder next week!
Look out bathing suits, I'm on my way...
Till next time,
~L
PS Did everyone see the ATROCITY that was tonight's American Idol? It's only 1/2 way over and I'm SOOO disappointed! But it's not enough to make me go on the "Starvation for Sanjaya diet"....I'll stick with Jenny Craig, thank you very much... ;)
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment