Friday, February 9, 2007

Day 5: The Weekend Challenge....

Most people get jazzed up about the weekend finally being here...freedom from corporate jargon, allowance to sleep in, and anticipation of a "whatever" frame of mind. For me, this weekend comes with many concerns...because in the past, "weekend" meant "eat what you want, we'll start the diet on Monday".

So far, so good...though I am craving a GIANT glass of wine...I mean one I could swim in. One that's served in a glass the size of the bowl a Jim Dandy comes in at Friendly's. You know you know what I mean....

I want to point out that I CAN have a glass of wine, or seven, if I want...Jenny Craig is not about stopping your life and telling you what you CANNOT do. However, if I DO chose to have that glass of wine, there are other smart choices I need to make for the rest of the day, and honestly, I'm stubborn, and I don't feel like it. (Insert mental picture of me crossing my arms and pouting like a 4 year old, complete with foot-stomping and alligator tears...)

SO, here I am on a Friday night, the first Friday night in a long time that does not entail me eating a a large portion of WHATEVER and having a glass or two of whatever else...and I won't lie...it's tough. But I know it's worth it.

I AM being realistic about it though...it's not like I'm going to die or suffer some major life-threatening condition if I don't get to scarf down my usual plate of Friday-night-pasta-fat-cheese-butter-love. As a matter of fact, I have a BETTER chance of dying if I DO! So that's my motivation (though I'm wishing I had more of it), and I WILL get through tonight. I WILL get through tomorrow and Sunday too. I remember a mantra I once heard: "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Allow me to channel this for a moment....because I do know how good pasta-fat-cheese-butter love tastes...but I don't know how good being thin tastes....

My saving grace? I still have my Jenny Craig snack to eat...DELICIOUS bruscetta chips...and I think I'll enjoy that now! :)

Till next time...
~L

No comments: