So, if you've ever quit smoking (or any other addiction), you know they say "just get through the first three days and you'll be fine". I know this to be true because about six months ago, I quit a 15-year-long, pack-a-day habit, and the first three days made me want to put my head through a plate glass window, and rip the head off of anyone who stood near me, just for standing near me. And I pittied anyone who didn't realize I had quit, and dared to ask me "Hey, ya wanna go out for a smoke?"
I digress...this is supposed to be about my weight loss....
I'm realizing I had a bit of a food addiction - at least, that's what I'll call it - because for the first 3 days (well, 2.5 at least), I felt very irritable, moody, angry, guilty, anxious...all the things I felt when I quit smoking. BUT, like when I kicked the butts, I knew (know) I'm doing something GOOD for me.
As I approached the ending of day 3, I took a look at my Jenny Craig menu. (I have chosen to do the first 2 weeks VERY regimented and planned, as I need help jump starting my discipline.) Much to my surprise, I realized I actually hadn't eaten everything on the day's menu. ME, not eating everything put in front of me? WHAT? It was true...I still had a piece of cheesecake (yes, cheesecake), an orange, and my "anytime bar" to eat. I am learning to only eat when I'm actually hungry, and evidentally, when it was time for my bar, I wasn't feeling hungry! That may not seem like anything to you, but to me, this was HUGE (much like my butt). So, I liesurely enjoyed my cookies 'n creme cheesecake (yes, cheesecake...) at the end of the night, and didn't feel guilty about it one bit!
My first "weigh in" is Monday, 2/12...I'll keep you posted!
~L
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
did you do a 2/5 weigh-in as a baseline comparison, or is 2/12 your first one?
Post a Comment