I do apologize for not posting with my Monday weigh-in...but I had to finish beating myself up and doing some self-loathing for only losing half a pound last week...and once again Consultant Christine came to the rescue.
First things first, yes, I DID still lose last week, albeit a lousy half a pound (sorry Christine, there I go beating myself up again...bad Laura, BAD LAURA!), so that's a positive...at least I'm moving in the right direction (down!). So my total loss is now 11.1 pounds in 4 weeks. Hey...I kinda like the sound of that!
So, of course I was hellbent on convincing myself that going out to dinner and having a glass of wine damned me into eternal half-pound-weeks...but Christine and I went over my menu selections, and I did everything right: Even though I was out to dinner at a very nice restaurant, I made healthy choices and was WELL within my calorie range, even WITH my delicious glass of Pinot Grigio! Christine explained to me that the body is a complicated machine (boy don't I know it...) and that some weeks it's going to lose a bunch, some weeks it's going to be a little less. We figured out my average weight loss for the past 4 weeks, and I'm at 2.775 pounds per week (but who's counting...ANAL RETENTIVE, MUCH??). This is far above and beyond the anticipated 1 to 1.5 pounds per week that JC figured for me, so overall, I'm actually doing very well. Yes, I know I should be cheering and jumping up and down at my follow-thru, but I'm still a little sore from beating myself up....
...and from working out! I'm on a roll, here, people!!! In anticipation of my dinner on Saturday, I did a DVD on Saturday morning. In anticipation of being over my calorie limit (which I wasn't), I did another DVD on Sunday night. In anticipation of getting bored with my current DVDs, I bought some resistance bands with a DVD set from Jenny Craig, and did that workout Monday evening. And in anticipation of me lying on my couch for the next 5 days as a result of all this pumping iron, I went to the gym (that I've been paying a membership on for four months...) today and did 30 minutes and 4.2 miles on the elliptical machine. Go me, go me, it's my birthday...
NOW, time for dinner....Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken...mmmm its sooo good....don't be jealous... ;)
Till next time,
~L
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment