DISCLAIMER: For my male readers, you may want to just skip this entry altogether. It will have several lady-problem references, which will leave you A) running scared, B) scratching your head saying "Whaaaaa?", C) blushing, D) most or all of the above. Thank you.
So today I had a rather frustrating weigh-in, but one to be expected I suppose. As soon as I got up this morning, I knew there was trouble...my jeans didn't fit right, my joints were wobbly, my back ached, and my "chest area" felt like giant water balloons filled past capacity and about to burst at any minute...painful. I was retaining water like a camel...a BIG camel.
Despite not having gone out to dinner, not having ONE SINGLE GUINNESS on St. Patty's Day, working out 5 times, AND sticking strictly to my Jenny plan, I didn't lose one ounce. As a matter of fact, I gained .2! It wasn't exactly "devastating", because I had already experienced a 1/2-pound week...but it certainly wasn't encouraging. Christine explained to me that some clients will gain POUNDS during the time before..."the time"....and I only gained a lousy .2....but still, I felt cheated. DAMN YOU, MOTHER NATURE!!! (or whomever I need to damn for this phenomenon).
It's times like these I really DON'T like being a woman. Men don't get bloated and stop fitting in to their clothes for a week, they just drink another beer and pass the chips! Then again, in their defense, they do have to put up with us bitching about the fact, so I guess in the long run, it's all a wash.
WOMEN ONLY: We all know that was a bunch of crap to make them feel better....after all, they do serve some purpose...not sure what that is...but I digress...
EVERYBODY NOW: So, I'm slightly disappointed, but certainly not going to change anything. I'm going to drink more water and work out as much as I have planned: at least 4 days this week. If I don't lose any poundage next week, heads will roll.
(just kidding, but you know what i mean...)
Till next time,
~L
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment