Sunday, July 8, 2007

Short and sweet....

Ok, so it's been TOOOO long since I updated you, and I apologize for my complete negligence of this! To spare you the gory details, I'll keep it short and sweet.

Last weigh-in, I GAINED a pound. A FULL POUND. Water retention, "cheating", cocktails...whatever the reason, I was HEATED. Mainly because the week prior, I was 1.7 pounds away from my own goal. Now, I'm up to 2.7 pounds...and that might as well be 30 pounds to me. So, last Monday, I vowed to work my butt off as well as stick to my program. BUT....once again, life happens.....

A holiday right in the middle of the week, 2 events, and a kajillion more things that I had to deal with this past week, didn't exactly make for an ideal "stick to the plan" plan! I did my best, even at another work party I had to attend on Friday...Saturday I power-shopped and had lunch with some girlfriends, and unfortunately, shopping had brought me to the point of STARVATION, so EVERYTHING on the menu called my name. I didn't make a great choice, but I did only have half of what was on my plate.

Now, I have NO idea what will happen at next weigh-in, and I have what may be the most stressful week of my life ahead of me. I'm pretty good with not "emotionally eating" any more, but I'm pretty sure there will be some situations in which I won't be able to "stick to the plan" all the time. I'll do what I can, and understand that I need to be a bit easier on myself, because I've been beating the hell outta myself since last Monday. It's DEFINITELY harder to lose weight when it's 30 degrees and snowing outside. There's just too much going on during the summer, ya know? UGH!

If anyone ever tells you making a HUGE lifestyle change is always going to be easy, run and get a ruler and smack the back of their hand...because THEY'RE LYING!!!

Onward....

Till next time,
~L

No comments: