Going to be a quick post tonight, because I've been staring at this computer screen for the better part of the past four hours, and I'm about to start eating the keyboard. But I had to share this...
Funniest thing happened today. I had an extremely busy day, loaded with meetings and appointments, and that made me get to the gym a little later than usual. Honestly, I was so beat by the time I was on my way, I almost turned around and headed home to take a nap! But I persevered...I'm committed...and I wasn't about to try to come up with a creative excuse for Christine as to why I didn't work out today. "I didn't feel like it" just doesn't fly anymore.
So, I walk into the reception area, where I have to give my member ID number...and the guy behind the counter says "Wow, you're here later than normal today, huh?" I was totally caught off guard. I looked around behind me, because surely he was talking to someone else...have I been so regular at the gym that the EMPLOYEES actually notice what time I usually go? From hating - I mean HATING - working out, to being "a regular" at the gym...THIS is weird!!! Don't get me wrong, I still don't LOVE it...I still hate the out-of-breath, sweaty, uncomfortable, ugly-looking aspects of it....I still don't get that "runner's high" endorphin rush everyone talks about. But I AM committed...and THAT is AMAZING. Again, it's not like I'm giving up 2 hours a day to go pump iron like some obsessive crazy person...I go, I change, I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, I go home. That's it. And for now, that's enough. Hey, it was enough for the guy at the gym to notice I'm "a regular"...before now, the only place I've ever been considered "a regular" at was somewhere you can get a burger, a basket of fried love, and a beer... any time of day! Haha!
I'm really hoping to drop another 2 pounds this week, but I'll take ANY loss after this past week's water problem. I'm just going to keep at it...cross your fingers for me....
Till next time,
~L
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment